This post is to catch up on the blog posts that I missed
from the last week, and to give general updates on my progress so far.
I posted my Week 1 goals as:
Buy all clothes/fabric needed
Finish sketching out and finalizing designs
Confirm models
Start pattern drafting/cutting/sewing first pieces
Buy all clothes/fabric needed
Finish sketching out and finalizing designs
Confirm models
Start pattern drafting/cutting/sewing first pieces
Summary of what I accomplished in the first week:
Bought all needed clothes/fabric
Finalized two out of three designs/look ideas
Confirmed all models—got measurements from 2
Made a mock up of a pair of high-waist shorts
Made pattern for top
Some things in the first week definitely took longer than I
expected them to. The primary example for this would have to be making the
pattern for the first top. I’ve never made anything with a sweetheart neckline
before, and I didn’t really know how to go about making this. I found this
really awesome website that helps you make custom sized patterns. This is the
one I used: http://www.burdastyle.com/techniques/draft-a-bodice-with-sweetheart-neckline.
The only issue I had is that their instructions include using a regular bodice
draft, which I didn’t have, so I had to draft one just to cut it up and use
about a quarter of it.
This process, which I expected to take about 30 minutes,
ended up taking about 3 hours.
Goals for Week 2:
Finish top and shorts for first look
Get more than halfway finished with dress for second look
Get third model’s measurements
Finalize third design
Current progress:
Right now I have started work on the dress for the second
look and I did a fitting with my model for the first look, so I’m hoping to try
to finish that one up today. I also finalized my design for the third look.
Sketch for first look:
Sketch for second look:
Sketch for third look:
Progress on top:
Front:
Back:


No comments:
Post a Comment