Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 2

Goals for day 2:
Do more research on construction of specific pieces
Get measurements from confirmed models
Find third model


Before I started the project, I had originally planned to take today for going to more thrift stores, but after yesterday's success, it didn't seem necessary. After looking at all of the clothes that I bought, I think that I have enough fabric. If I end up needing more, I will make a plan to go to other thrift stores later in the week. I might also go to the Goodwill on Haight St. tomorrow, but I haven't decided yet. Last night, I decided to make today more focused on figuring out what designs I'm planning on choosing and how I'm going to construct the pieces.


I got measurements from one of my models, but I'm still waiting on the other. This is okay though because I can start on the first piece with the measurements that I have while I am waiting. After sketching for a while more today, I have decided for sure on two looks that I'm planning to make, and I still have to sketch a little bit more and figure out the third look. I also did some concentrated research on how to construct a few of the things I'm planning on making to give me a guide of where to start for making a pattern.


I have not yet figured out my third model, but I'm hoping to get that finalized tomorrow.


Goals for day 3:
Figure out third model
Go to Goodwill on Haight (maybe)
Start drafting pattern and making a mock up for shorts
Take and post 'before' photos of the clothes I bought
Post current sketches

1 comment:

  1. Nice updates! Glad to hear things are moving quickly in terms of finding materials.

    ReplyDelete